Location: The Netherlands – Enschede – University of Twente – Twente Pathway College
You will have a student-facing role with a strong academic focus. The Student Services Officer (SSO) is a critical member of the College team in the administration of the key aspects of the student life cycle. The SSO will assist the Director of Academic and Student Services (DASS) in the implementation and delivery of effective student support services including: student arrival services; student enrolment and registration; student attendance and progression monitoring; student orientation and transfer; academic support; welfare support; student enrichment and enhancement (strong focus on soft skills); student empowerment; guiding the student representatives; student communication.
The SSO will support all policies and regulations as they relate to the student environment, ensuring each student has the appropriate support services in place that will enable students to perform to the best of their ability and prepared for the academic environment of the University of Twente.
The role requires a high energy, self-starter who is able to use their initiative and be an active and productive member of a small-cross functional team.
Student Services Officer Requirements:
- University level qualifications or proven experience in a relevant industry and/or have equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience
- Experience of working in a Dutch educational environment, preferably in secondary or higher education, and/or pastoral care, preferably inside the classroom
- Understanding of Dutch higher education and a student-led learning environment
- Have the ability to communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds
- Good verbal and written English language communication skills, Dutch is an asset
- Possess good data analysis and presentation skills
- Good team-working skills and also able work independently and display initiatives
- Be able to prioritise duties, and seek clarification and guidance from manager when faced with competing priorities
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and/or operational level
- Possess a “can do” mentality
- Shine when under pressure
- Commitment to self-improvement
- Friendly disposition focussed on student personal and academic growth
- Experience in training academic skills and as education coach
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the Netherlands on an ongoing basis. Twente Pathway College is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced VOG checks.
- A fulltime (40 hours per week) or two parttime positions.
- A young, motivated team with teachers, Marketing & Admissions colleagues and of course your fellow Student Support Officers.
- Over 300 international students coming from 55 different countries across the globe.
- An inspiring work environment in the middle of University of Twente’s campus.
- Competitive salary.
Twente Pathway College
Located right on the University of Twente campus, the Twente Pathway College offers an international foundation year, which leads to tailormade undergraduate degrees that gives students the possibility to enrol into bachelor programmes from the University of Twente. https://www.twentepathway.nl/ Twente Pathway College is part of Navitas.
Navitas Limited is an Australian owned public listed company. Navitas is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic (Australia only) and international students. Navitas conducts a wide range of activities in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe and the United Kingdom. Navitas Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. Navitas students benefit from the range of facilities open to all University students.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
If you think that you are suitable for this Student Support Officer role, please apply now!
You can send your motivation and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org (Director of Academic & Student Services) before 1 November 2021.